Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mesquite Sand Dunes at Dusk

This was my final shot of the Mesquite Sand Dunes in Death Valley, made on my last night in the park and my third foray into the dunes. The Mesquite Dunes can be very frustrating to photograph because of their immense popularity and the preponderance of footprints. However, after a few days in the park I noticed from the road how extensive the dune field truly is, and surmised that by avoiding the main parking area I would find undisturbed dunes that had not been trod upon. This section of the dune field doesn't have the largest dunes (size doesn't matter, or so I hear), but they do spread out like an undulating carpet of sand (wow, what a crappy metaphor). Anyway, enjoying the solitude I gathered several shots of the dunes in the late afternoon light, including this one after the sun had set below the range behind me.

www.chrismurrayphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment